• Profile picture of Brenda Uekert

Brenda Uekert

1 year, 4 months ago

Feedback welcome. This one is for my Gutsy Women Finances community.

Here’s a major reason why you continue to struggle with money, even though you have a decent income.

You weren’t taught a thing about how to manage your money growing up. Now you don’t know where to start and you haven’t found anyone you can really trust to guide you on your financial journey.

Let me explain. None of us wants to admit how little we know about personal finances; but the truth of it is, most of us don’t receive any meaningful education on money. And that holds true whether you have a high school diploma or a doctorate degree!

And then . . . there’s life. It hasn’t always been a breeze. Throw in a scary economy, the high cost of living, and a few bad decisions, and the future doesn’t look as rosy as you want it to.

But here’s the rub – you want so desperately to build your wealth and chase your dreams – yet you’re afraid of reaching out. Afraid of being taken advantage of. Afraid of being sold a package of “empty promises.”

If you read this far, this next story is for you.

I remember a conversation I had with Madison, a member of my Gutsy Women Finances community. Madison said, “I left an abusive relationship and I had to start over. That experience really shook my faith in people. I made a vow to take charge of my money, and my future. But I just don’t know where to start.”

I asked her to take the Money Archetype quiz so we could learn about her approach to money and her spending habits. Madison is a SCOUT: She looks out for others and feels that her main job is to find safe passage for those who follow.

Now we had a great starting point! I knew that Madison was a natural saver and very responsible. But she puts the needs of others ahead of her own. Her biggest worry? Running out of money as she gets older.

So I gave Madison a mission. First, Madison had to learn to believe in herself and to put her future self at the front of the line. I gave her a daily affirmation to try out. Second, I asked Madison to share her dream life with me. (That was a tough one for her as she had to dust off some long-forgotten dreams). Third, I asked Madison to move from thinking to doing and challenged her to take one small action before tomorrow’s sunset.

Recently, I checked in with Madison to see how she was doing. She told me that her first action – opening a Dream Fund account – kicked off all sorts of marvelous things. She started a new side gig that brings in extra money every week. And she is finally turning some of her cash into solid investments for her future. She’s been popping into my live workshops in the Gutsy Women Finances community, and the growth I have seen is truly amazing. And others have seen the changes too; she gets tons of encouragement from our members.

I couldn’t be prouder of the way Madison turned her life around. She’s in charge. She’s gutsy. And she has an amazing future ahead of her.

➡️ If you’d like to get started on your financial journey, I invite you to take the Money Archetype Quiz. Are you a Scout, Wanderer, Globetrotter, or Voyager? Once you discover your archetype, take the 3-day challenge to move forward.

Reply to this email if you’d like to take the Money Archetype Quiz.

I am here for you. 💖

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    5 Comments
    • I like it. But, there is a disconnect for me between the quiz and the community. You say this is for your Gutsy community but then you start the story with the quiz and the CTA is about taking the quiz, not joining a community. There isn’t any context for the community when you talk about it in the story. I would say this piece is about getting people to take your quiz, not about joining a community. And in the third paragraph, I’d say “the truth is” instead of “the truth of it is.”

• Brenda – great job diving in and taking action. Woohoo!

• Hi Brenda,
      I love the opening.
      And I think you have a wonderful story about Madison & the club.
      Did Madison take the quiz before or after she joined Gutsy Women Club? Your mention of some of the things you did w/ her made me curious. Are the exercises and your instructions part of the Club something different? What do I get from the club if I join? You have a lot of great elements here, and at the same time, I’m feeling a little confused by it all.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Annette Presley
@annettepresleyhotmail-com
Profile Photo
JulianneMiller, AFC®
@juliannelifemoneymanagement-com
Profile Photo
AmyHager
@amymshannonhernandez-com