Profile Photo

JulianneMiller, AFC®Offline

• Profile picture of JulianneMiller, AFC®

JulianneMiller, AFC®

1 year, 3 months ago

Behind the times; I’ve been focusing on TCE.
    Here are a few values to start with some digging deep. I’ll leave it here tonight for any feedback but I do need to review and dig deeper to see how to implement it into the business.
    Thanks for the review!

Confident- I believe that women should feel confident understanding and managing their money on their own terms

Trust–We believe that relationships are built on trust and not on gossip or false stories.
    I live in a small town so this is important but I don’t want to word it this way. Any thoughts?

Integrity-We believe that we all benefit when we’re honest with ourselves and others about our situation–debating between integrity and sincerity here. I’m leaning toward sincerity.

Compassionate–We believe in treating others with kindness and respect

Relationships-We believe that relationships are the backbone of surviving this crazy world and it’s important to find your people– over the last few hours I thought about this but I’m leaning toward connection instead here. While I want to build relationships, to me that’s a much deeper word that I reserve for those closest to me. But I do want a connection with my clients; I feel that is more appropriate for me.

9 Comments
    • you switch between “we” and “I”. Just wanted to make sure it was intentional.

• Being from a small town and living in one now – your trust statement is right fucking on! How you explained Integrity is very kind. I could see where using Sincerity would be better. Instead of relationships do you use community? or People.

• 😁 Right?! I do like Sincerity better than Integrity. That’s closer to my heart. I really reflected on relationships over the weekend and connection really hits it for me. It’s not only the people that I meet but the next connection that we forge. Some develop into relationships; all are important at some level.

• But I’ll need to change the definition on that word then. Not all of that will work

• Tell me your thoughts on this updated copy:
        Confident- We believe that women should feel confident in understanding and managing their money on their own terms
        Trust–We believe that relationships are built on trust and not on gossip or false stories
        Sincerity-We believe that we all benefit when we’re honest with ourselves and others about our situation
        Compassionate–We believe in treating others with kindness and respect
        Connection-We believe that building connections with others is necessary to survive this crazy world. Every connection is a source of strength in some way; some more than others but it all starts with the initial connection

• These sound good to me, Julianne! Is it important to you that most of your sentences don’t have periods on the end? And I wonder whether the list would be even more effective in a different order. Have you played with the ordering of the middle three?

• lol Thanks Ruth, that’s modern vernacular to leave off punctuation (common on social media) but I would normally include the periods. I have not thought about the order; interesting to think about. So I would probably put them in order of the client process then: Trust, Sincerity, Compassion, Confidence, and Connection. I adjusted the words a bit also there for consistency. Your thoughts?

• Yes, that’s a good adjustment for the value words. I like your new order but I also like starting with Confidence because that seems like what your people are looking for and that’s what they’ll see first. In which case you’d be back to your initial order! Sit with both and see what feels right to you. The only thing about the puctuation is when you have periods and semicolons (like in Connection) and then nothing it feels weird to me…but maybe I’m just old-fashioned. One solution (since Connection comes last) would be to not put a period after “world” and then have the last sentence below. This would also help with your parallelism–all the values would have the same structure. You could maybe even augment that sentence to be a sum of all the values. Let me know whether this makes sense. I’m on my way out the door for the day but happy to give examples if needed.

About Me

Julianne Miller

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
RuthRoland
@ruthviolincox-net
Profile Photo
Brenda Uekert
@docbkugmail-com