• Profile picture of JoelElfman

JoelElfman

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I wrote this article inspired by a throw-away remark a friend made. I’m not sure this is the best title, but it makes me laugh every time I say it. I thought I would post the article and see what people thought. All comments are welcome.

“How’s Your Wabi-Sabi?”

In Japan, wabi-sabi is the philosophy of embracing that which is flawed and imperfect. While this often was applied to craft, we could easily apply it to ourselves, our life, and those around us. Many modern & ancient philosophers speak about honoring our mortality, our feet of clay, and that all human beings are perfectly imperfect.

Many Japanese art forms welcome wabi-sabi. Ikebana, Japanese flower arranging, deliberately breaks one stem or branch to represent the imperfections of the real world. And they even incorporate the aging process when they design arrangements. They do so, deliberating creating new moments of beauty as the flowers reach their’ natural limits. We can contrast this against Western flower arranging, where everything usually tries to be fresh & perfect, and that which ages are quickly discarded.

In Kintsukuroi, “golden repair”, a pottery style, when a piece of ceramic naturally breaks it is traditionally joined w/ lacquer made from the sap of poison ivy. And the sticky sap is used as a glue to both repair cracks, and to hold fine layers of gold in place to highlight and accentuate the unique flaws. And isn’t it the imperfections we have that make us most interesting, and add depth to who we are?

As you consider the marks that life has left on you, if you are ready for a bit of wabi-sabi, DM me. I’d love to explore with you how hypnosis can help you more fully embrace all the different parts of you, and let your golden highlights shine.

2 Comments
    • What format from the club are you following here? I want to make sure I am reviewing it with the right lens. Thanks!

• Hi Amy, I didn’t have a frame when I wrote it. It was just a fun piece to put to paper. Overnight, it came to be that perhaps I can put my 3-step process before the CTA. I haven’t seen the replay yet, so I’m not sure if that would fit what was shared on Tuesday. Another way to go is to make a simple Direct Offer. Still trying to figure out, if I can fit it under other formats from previous months.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
DanielaBorgialli
@socialdanielaborgialli-com
Profile Photo
Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial Coach
@emilypdxmoneycoaching-com
Profile Photo