• Profile picture of Ann Becks

Ann Becks

6 months, 1 week ago

Hi everyone!
    Just getting started here in the Forum. Very happy to be a part of this community.

For those interested here’s a little of my path… and what I offer.

My CP Type: Live/In person; Enneagram 1 with a 2 wing; Projector 6/2, with mental authority;
    I consider myself to be quite introverted- but can definitely pull off an extroverted appearance- at great cost (I need to retreat by myself for awhile). 😂

I “retired” (post burnout) from my 35 year career in medicine as an NP specialized in critical care and palliative medicine in 2020 (just prior to the pandemic being declared). I’d had a dream to step into entrepreneurship for a few years prior and so, after spending time recovering from burnout, I began this wild journey.

My own personal life path and the lessons I learned from patients who were dying (or facing death) has become my heart’s passion. STATISTIC: The biggest regret of the dying is that they didn’t live true to themselves, rather the life others thought they should lead.

I went from living the familiar rush and push on the hamster wheel of career and family, chasing “success”- that never had an end. I basically ran myself into burnout.

I did “all the things” in personal growth- became certified as a yoga teacher, meditation teacher (iRest), read the books, listened to the podcasts, many rounds of therapy, practiced gratitude, affirmations… etc and still I was searching… for ease; freedom to live unhooked from all the wounds, thoughts, stories, beliefs that kept me in struggle; more joy; more deep fulfillment and an aliveness / vitality.

The things I learned were wonderful and moved me further along the path… but nothing really seemed to stick. The “aha” landed when I worked with my mentor during my burnout recovery, and everything changed.

Now, I use what I’ve learned to mentor mid career women- entrepreneurs or corporate professionals, who are passionate about personal growth but find themselves constantly searching for the missing key to more joy, inner calm, deep contentment and vitality.

Through a combination of an ancient wisdom practice called yoga nidra, the principles of neuroscience, Jungian psychology, and pulling from ancient wisdom, women reconnect to their true selves beneath the nervous system conditioning and personality.

This is when they know, in an embodied way, that they are whole, complete and have access to untapped possibility. When they live Life from this lens they track life through their joy, they surf the inevitable waves of circumstances they’d don’t like with greater ease and their dreams and desires unfold spontaneously.

The name of my 1:1 program is “Finding Freedom.”

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    2 Comments

Media

Keep in touch

Friends

Profile Photo
DianaLidstone
@diana-lidstonegmail-com
Profile Photo
Anthea Mumby
@antheadreamteamconsulting-ca