• Profile picture of JoelElfman

JoelElfman

2 months, 3 weeks ago

This idea comes from somatic movement – 1st you have to yield (relax) to gather your resources and push/stretch to an action or goal. I thought I would get people’s feedback. And I’m thinking about using my recent accident as part of some articles. Might as well try and make lemonade. 🙂

Topic- why relaxation is so important to moving forward
    Mistake 1 – if you are over-stretched or stressed, you don’t have the bandwidth (room) to take on some new
    Mistake 2 – You are trying to do everything logically, you are ignoring what your body is telling you or how it is trying to help you
    Mistake 3 –
    Mistake 4 –

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    8 Comments
    • Love this. There is an expression in recovery “don’t just sit there, do nothing” which I love. Or as my parter’s uncle who is a doctor is prone to say…”sometimes you have to go slow to go fast” (usually related to healing)

• Thanks Whitney, I love this quote, ”sometimes you have to go slow to go fast”. I’m not sure if it might be a little repetitive to 1or2, but worse case, it can be a substitute. In the meantime, it is a great statement that I think everyone can elate to. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Love this Joel, also I think :
      Relaxing allows room for healing
      Often time healing from injury and disease is about connecting to the body

• What Whitney said – I was also told “Don’t just do something, sit there,” as in take the time to feel into what is happening and allow yourself some space/time before acting, rather than what we are usually pushed to do is “don’t just sit there, do something!”.

• mistake 2 is good!

• One of the mistakes that I have made is not recognizing my body’s cues or signals that I need to rest or relax. It took me many years to recognize those little cues so that I could sit and do nothing to give my body the time it needed to heal.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
DanielaBorgialli
@socialdanielaborgialli-com
Profile Photo
Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial Coach
@emilypdxmoneycoaching-com
Profile Photo