• Profile picture of Ann Becks

Ann Becks

1 month, 1 week ago

DIRECT OFFER POST- love your feedback. Struggling with HOOKS.

Women, have you LOST your SELF?

I was on a call this morning with a nurse who REALLY wants to stop the cycles of burnout she’s been in.

She said, “I feel like I’ve lost myself”, and wept. 🥺 Oh, I felt her pain and my heart ached for her. 💔

But this isn’t an unusual experience when clients discuss the toll exacted in their work.

Women in healthcare are “other oriented.”

They care about the suffering of patients and families who are facing illness or a disease that leads to end of life. They care deeply about their colleagues wellbeing

And, outside of work, they often feel like they’re divided up into a million pieces serving those they care about.

As burnout creeps up on them, they dig a little deeper. Give a little more.

They’re trying to serve from empty cups.

Their own health and wellbeing suffers. But they’re still on the “right side of the sheets”, so they keep going.

They’ve lost their vibrancy and aliveness. Joy and happiness are occasional experiences- but not enough to feel like they’re really living.

And at some point, they might recognize they’ve lost part of themselves, left behind their own dreams and desires, which breaks their hearts.

💎 Here’s the important message… BURNOUT CAN BE PREVENTED.

You CAN continue the work you love AND live your own dreams and desires.

💎 In fact, when you always fill your own cup first, your impact on others is even more potent… WITH LESS EFFORT!!

And because burnout is a symptom of familiar patterns and habits (as opposed to the work you do), when you address them, EVERYTHING changes.

Life becomes EASIER, CALM and FULFILLING… WITHOUT WORKING HARDER.

There’s more JOY and ENERGY because you’ve stopped leaving your own dreams and desires behind.

If you recognize yourself here, and are ready to reclaim your SELF, join me for the workshop, “Your Prescription to Pause: Turning the Tides of Burnout in Healthcare” which is coming up next on March 27th @ 6:30 pm Eastern.

I work with women healthcare professionals who are feeling the effects of burnout creeping up on them. We get to the root of the problem and reconnect with their forgotten dreams and desires, so that they don’t burnout.

This is THE long term solution to preventing burnout.

Send me a DM for more info on the workshop.

PS And, please, if you know of someone who’s struggling, tag them or share this post.

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    6 Comments
    • I wish I knew copy better to help you – let me sit with this

• Love this, Ann!
      Feels like the immediate jump to losing yourself is a little too abrupt. Perhaps move that line. Does the following work for you?

. . . .
      I was on a call this morning with a nurse who REALLY wants to stop the cycles of burnout she’s been in. [add a detail or two to make this person and her burnout more concrete.]

She summed it up, “I feel like I’ve lost myself”, and wept.

How about you? Ever feel like you’ve lost YOURSELF in your work?

It’s not an unusual experience when my healthcare clients discuss the toll exacted in their work.

. . . . .

Also, I wrote a blog a few months ago about a coach’s website that works. The work she does is similar to your work. She talks about losing oneself. You might find some inspiration in the article and the site. https://www.badassity.com/blog/a-coachs-home-page-that-works

• Ann – what if you add a testimonial from someone who has experienced a major shift?

Media

Keep in touch

Friends

Profile Photo
DianaLidstone
@diana-lidstonegmail-com
Profile Photo
Anthea Mumby
@antheadreamteamconsulting-ca
Profile Photo
AimeeRussell
@aimzdeehotmail-com