• Profile picture of DianaLidstone

DianaLidstone

3 weeks, 1 day ago

Here’s my first draft — entitled: The CEO who cleaned toilets

There once was a business owner who thought she was a CEO.

She owned a retail store where she did everything…

from bookkeeping, purchasing, selling, making displays, hiring, firing –She even cleaned the toilets!! She was exhausted trying to do everything herself even though she had employees.

That person was me!

But then the unexpected happened – my teenage daughter was diagnosed with something called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a life altering disease. I remember the exact moment that everything changed not just for me, but for our family– I was sitting in the office at my store – phone call from the doctor – he said she would never recover; never get better. That meant she would never finish school; never hold a full time job; never have friends; never leave the house; never get out of bed! I was devastated

As a mother I was devastated. I couldn’t accept that my daughter won’t get well… I became obsessed with trying to find a cure; I researched on the internet day & night; I talked to practiioners; I talked to other family members – I practically got a medical degree during that time!!! And all this time, I wasn’t working on my business.

Months later, after hours of researching I found a treatment for my daughter in England that I was sure would help her

My husband & I and our daughter headed to England for a treatment…. By this time, my daughter was so ill that Going thru the airport she was in a wheel chair…. But coming home, she was skipping thru the airport pulling her own luggage … a totally different person.

That ONE phone from the doctor totally changed my family’s life but it also changed my business and how I would forever view business. Because I had to focus on my daughter and not my business, I was sure that my business would fall apart – would stop growing.

But I turned to my mentor… asked for help because I knew that if my business were to survive – everything would have to change….. I could no longer be the that Chief Everything Officer – I would have to stop doing things that were not in my zone of genius including cleaning toilets. my retail store would have to run without me! And change it did.
    I was forced to Work less…. And the interesting thing was, when I did – when I changed my business – the profits grew!

Today I work in my coaching business 3 days a week – take 6 weeks unplugged vacations and earn a great 6-figure income! I have time to spend boating with my husband – time to spend babysitting my grandson – Life is awesome!

That’s what I want for YOU! More profits and more freedom

Over the years, I’ve turned this principle of WLPM into a results driven formula I call it my GROW EQUATION –– it’s not step by step because business isn’t step by step AND it’s not a blueprint – it’s a customizable framework…
    It’s based on the acrynom for the word GROW – G+R+O=W
    G – GET CLIENTS (marketing)
    R – Ramp up your profits (planning & metrics)
    O-Optimize your assets (team, systems, YOU)

G+R+O=W helps overworked, & underpaid business owners build a self-running engine creating the freedom they desire. That’s what I want for you…. After all, you started your business for freedom! Let’s partner together and build your self-running business engine.

Book your call here and together we will uncover your Freedom Roadblocks.

You can do this

Diana

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    5 Comments
    • I think this is mostly there overall – I just want to ask – (because I am learning) is the ‘thought reversal’ clear enough? You USED to be the CEO and then needed to focus on your daughter and to your SURPRISE – the business grew – but WHY & HOW – I “think” needs to be addressed – so people can understand how you can help them.

• what is WLPM? I think you need to just say it – work less, profit more because you are diving into another acronym with GROW.

• Can you tie this back to toilets? After all, you started your business for freedom, even if you are not the one currently cleaning the toilets like I was! Let’s partner together and build your self-running business engine.

• such an impactful story

Media

Keep in touch

Friends

Profile Photo
Ann Becks
@annannbecks-co
Profile Photo
DonnaDube
@productivityplus3gmail-com
Profile Photo
Charlotte Allen