• Profile picture of Whitney Doherty

Whitney Doherty

2 weeks, 6 days ago

Here’s a thought reversal piece I am working on but not sure it’s really there – suggestions welcome. Thanks, Wd

-You tend to see people’s dreams bigger than they are able to see it for themselves.
    -You have an innate ability to hear the whisper of a dream coming from someone often before they realize it’s there.
    -You have a track record of helping people lean in and tease out that dream and even expand the original vision.
    -You make it larger by connecting the dots to disparate people, places and things.
    – You often believe in people’s abilities more than they believe in their own.

If so, I can relate.

A colleague once said of me, “You have the ability to become a part of a brand’s DNA. You own it and it becomes an extension of you”.

My skills have brought a lot of growth to a lot of companies, entrepreneurs and brands.

But this hasn’t always been roses for me. In fact, I have gotten a lot of thorns.

In my innate outward looking to help others, I often left myself behind.

I could see the dreams and visions for others bigger than I could see them for myself.

I cut myself out of the equation so many times, that I didnt get the credit for the work I had done.

I made others shine and forgot to take a bow. I directed from a far and then stayed in the wings.

And then one day, I realized that this was my life and I wanted to be my own director and not just help others direct their lives.

Sometimes, we can’t see the vision and talents we bring to the table.

We use up all our good ideas for others and we forget to include ourselves in the celebration

I have been working on this and had an “aha” the other day when I was reminded that if I put all the ideas forth in the world, but don’t make the bridge to how I can help, then I do a disservice to those I can serve as they don’t know I am the solution.

So this is a reminder to those that need it. You have to live your own dream before you help others live theirs.

You have to keep yourself in the equation. I didn’t for a long time and I hurt myself and others in the process.

If you think, you may be leaving yourself out of the equation, let’s talk.

Profile Photo liked this
    1 Comment

About Me

Whitney Doherty

Consultant & Coach

At my core, I am a creative problem solver, master connector and expansive thinker who works at the intersection of business development, strategy and scale. I love supporting founders with larger visions, accountability and championing dreams.  I'm developing a program I currently call Dream Leader aimed at teasing out those quelled dreams and bringing them to life.

Media

Keep in touch