• Profile picture of JoelElfman

JoelElfman

2 years ago

MythBuster v1 – Is Willpower the Best Motor for Change?
    Not sure about the title yet. And Fact 2 can probably be split in two.

Fact 1- The amount of willpower you have is finite. And will raise or lower depending on physical & mental health, vitality, energy levels, stress, trauma, sleep, what’s important to you &/or what else is on your mind.
    Fact 2- Willpower is about exerting self-control, in the present, against anticipated danger or pleasure (based on the past). Not only does this seem inefficient & challenging, but far too many people seem to be at constant war with themselves, adding more stress & turmoil. To make it all more difficult, your unconscious is consistently faster than your conscious mind, and too often the horse is out of the barn, before your conscious mind gets an opportunity to choose. And your prize for losing a race you rarely win is angst and self-recrimination.
    Fact 3- Hypnosis can slow down or turn off those learned anticipatory responses, beliefs, and habits that you’ve been struggling to have willpower overcome, and allows you to reset, and make new and better choices.
    If you would like to learn more about how hypnosis might help you make positive changes in your life. Especially, those places where willpower hasn’t been getting you the results you want, please reach out and schedule a discovery call.

8 Comments
    • Joel – who are your Zoom Mates this month in your pod? You’ll want to tag them so they can review this and give feedback!

• Hello Joel, I am one of your Zoom Mates. For the title, I would prefer Is Willpower the Best Motivator/Motivation for Change? I can relate to the fact that you present and find them compelling to try hypnosis. Fact 1: I would use nouns for all reasons. Fact 2, I would add the horse as an example to visualize what you mean. Let’s imagine a horse running out of the barn before your conscious mind gets an opportunity to choose what to do. Fact 3, I would keep the information to what hypnosis can do. Call to action: Something like: If you would like to learn more about how hypnosis might help you make positive changes in your life, please reach out and schedule a discovery call. I can show you a better choice than relying on willpower to achieve the results you want.

• Maybe make the Myth an erroneous statement to make it more catchy. Like “You have to go through the misery of white-knuckling-it to change your life.”

• Thanks Jessica. definitely, something to think about. “I Kept Begging for Willpower”, “Willpower Added 100 pounds to My Diet”, although these are not Myth-Buster titles.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
DanielaBorgialli
@socialdanielaborgialli-com
Profile Photo
Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial Coach
@emilypdxmoneycoaching-com
Profile Photo