• Profile picture of KerstinPeters

KerstinPeters

2 years ago

Myth: German is a Challenging Language to Learn

Fact 1:
    Every letter and letter combination has a distinct sound. You usually pronounce German words the same way you spell them phonetically. Therefore, pronunciation is easy once you have mastered the alphabet.

Fact 2:
    Learning German is easy – especially for English speakers. Both languages have Germanic roots. About 40% of German and English words resemble each other. Plus, the use of English words in the German language increases steadily influenced by American culture and computer and business expressions.

Fact 3:
    While you often hear that German grammar is very complicated, it is logical and helps you distinguish the parts of a sentence. For example, the capitalization of all nouns makes it easy to identify nouns in a sentence. Moreover, you don’t need to wait for your grammar to be perfect to start speaking German.

If you want to find out how to become an engaged participant in conversations with German speakers, send me a message.

5 Comments
    • Hi Kerstin, This is very simple and clear. I would consider opening w/ Fact 2, and moving Fact 1 down, German is easy. For Fact 3, you might consider taking out that grammar is the hard part and stay w/ logical. And I would switch the last sentence around to emphasis, you can start speaking w/ others, even w/o perfect grammar. I think it makes a better flow into your CTA.

• Hi Kerstin, what if you try to shorten and simplify each Fact so that a 12-year old can understand it quickly — that’s the average reading comprehension of us here in the US anyway. Perhaps a version that is less academic/intellectual may be more powerful and to the point?

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
RuthRoland
@ruthviolincox-net
Profile Photo
Susanlazar hart
@slazarhart50hotmail-com
Profile Photo