Profile Photo

Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial CoachOffline

• Profile picture of Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial Coach

Emily Gowen, Accredited Financial Coach

1 year, 7 months ago

FEEDBACK WELCOME! I finally caught up on this week’s training and drafted my landing page for financial coaching for couples- I would love any and all thoughts you have about how I could make it better! ESPECIALLY the name of the program… could be more exciting/describe results. pdxmoneycoaching.com/3month-program-self-employed-couples

If it’s easier, here’s the text:

You’re Invited:
    Financial Foundations 3-Month Coaching Program for Self-Employed Couples

Do you want to calmly and confidently
    manage finances with your partner?
    LET’S GET STARTED!
    As a result of this 3-Month Coaching Program you will:
    -Confidently manage your money together so you can enjoy spending now, save more than ever before, fix your cash flow and feel financial peace of mind.

-Budget for a sustainable business you enjoy running! You’ll get an unbiased birds-eye view on your pricing, revenue and future goals.

-Pay yourself regularly from your business, knowing your taxes & expenses are covered

-Create habits that lead you to where you want to be 1, 5 or 10 years from now.

Let’s re-write your money story into one where you are both engaged, empowered, organized and even excited about what it does for you.

This is a good fit for you if:

Despite your money difficulties, you are committed to one another

You know that through consistent action, change is possible!

You are ready (and excited?) to create new habits and actively steward your finances

What’s Included? How does this work?
    This program includes:

-9 one-on-one meetings with regular communication and support in-between sessions.

-Setting up both your personal and business books in an app with real-time tracking and support in budgeting those dollars

-Going over your real-time business and personal cash flow in each session, solidifying what you want your money to do for you. These Strategic Bookkeeping sessions are the missing link for many business owners in understanding and owning how their business is doing.

-Making your money and what-it’s-for as concrete as possible so that it takes less time to make decisions about spending and saving.

-Teaching you a system use can use to manage your money for the rest of your life, that is the most intuitive, realistic, and successful one we know of.

What if I need help with my relationship with money, too?
    Don’t worry- Doing the deeper work around your relationship and beliefs around money is almost inevitable while tackling the day-to-day reality of it head-on.
    We will:

-Create a safe space to share what comes up for you around spending, saving, and sharing finances

-Identify roadblocks or obstacles you may have to enjoying your money

-Determine clear action steps you can take to move past those hurdles

-Financial coaching is not without vulnerability; in fact, tears and emotions are welcome in my sessions:) If issues surface that are beyond my wheelhouse of expertise, I will refer you to another professional or perhaps therapist who can support you in working through them.

Who do you work with?
    My business is not only here to serve cis, hetero, legally-married couples- all forms of partnerships and arrangements of families are welcome!

What others are saying:

Emily is the best! She never made us feel bad about what we didn’t know or hadn’t yet done in terms of our finances. I have already recommended her to several friends and colleagues. It is totally worth the cost to work with Emily and you will definitely make that money back in terms of what you save. I feel so much more on top of our finances. I have a better sense of how much money we actually have and I know that I’m planning for future expenses.
    — Catherine, Portland, OR

Before working with Emily, I had a general sense of what my money was doing, but little intentionality and a lot of anxiety about it. I didn’t know if I could take vacation or sick time, didn’t know for sure that I was saving enough for taxes, and was pretty much “winging it.” I am so relieved. I have zero money anxiety on a daily basis. I feel like a money champ these days and it’s all because Emily helped me sort my stuff out. If you are thinking that having money sorted out might help you feel better then I would definitely recommend working with Emily. I found her to be focused, sharp, and kind.
    — M.P., Portland Oregon

“Before coaching I felt overwhelmed, ashamed, upset, stressed, and a sense of dread when it came to money.
    I didn’t have a good understanding of how to save money or plan for upcoming expenses.

I now have a budget plan for both my personal life and business life. I know how to plan ahead more easily and feel like I have more control over my finances.

If you aren’t sure of where to go or who to choose for help, choose Emily. Talking about money is scary and we all have had traumatic events in our lives that make this so hard to confront, and she provides such a safe and validating space that it will be okay. I’m excited to keep growing my skills and my own boundaries so I can continue to save money. I am excited to watch myself grow in my business and figure out how to make my money work for me instead of me working for it. “
    — Amber, Washington

I feel ‘on top’ of my life/business/finances. It’s truly changed EVERYTHING! I set a goal to save in multiple areas and I achieved that and more! I now get excited to save money, see what I’ve saved/spent each month, see what I’ve accumulated since we started 4 months ago. I feel above water, FINALLY!

I see endless possibilities if they are planned for and I keep doing what I’m currently doing!
    — Meghan, Portland, Oregon

Jessie and I just wanted to reach out and thank you for the coaching we started with you last December. Yesterday we finished paying off ALL of the debt that we had a year ago!! Debt that has looming for years and years, and felt like it would never go away. Not only that, but we’ve been able to tackle a few house projects this year. We love using YNAB together, and have found that budgeting this way makes us feel more in control of our money, while at the same time relieving the pressure and making spending $ more fun!

We are thrilled to be debt-free, and can’t wait to plan our budget for next year and continue working towards goals together. Thank you again for helping us create this great system, it’s had a huge impact on our lives!
    — Roth & Jessie Bond

Profile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    4 Comments
    • Oh wow! I just landed on calm and confident for a three-week short program! Maybe we talked about it and it stayed with me?! I’m still tossing it around. But I don’t usually work with couples so different target lol

• Hey Emily! So this is a really good start. And a landing page is much different than a sales page for a program – so I’d say you have about 2/3 of the stuff here needed. Do you have a transformation statement for this offer? We’d want to center the entire program around it! Also, I know you are thinking about the VIP Vacation – I think it would be a great next step for you – we will dive completely into the sales page and marketing for this new offer. Woohoo!

• Thanks Shannon! Since I stated my niche, I really listened in and decided to change it to just service-based business owners who weren’t taught how to be ‘good with money.’ I’m happy to help them and their partners, but when I started making my marketing plan for a niche focused on couples work, I just wasn’t as excited about it!

I don’t even know the difference between a landing page and a sales page… What I’ve done so far is built a specific hidden page on my website for whether someone is a business owner or not, working with a partner, or not… and then I designed my automations in active campaign to follow up with people who are on the fence about the 3-month program to direct them to that site.

One my questions that came up actually was, ‘How do you get one of those pages that doesn’t have your menu bar at the top?’ Maybe that’s what a sales page is:)

• Hi Emily, This is really good. 2 quick notes. How long is a session? I don’t think it said, but I could have missed it. The other thing was “-Confidently manage your money together so you can enjoy spending now, save more than ever before, fix your cash flow and feel financial peace of mind.” I don’t think the top item if I’m struggling would be “enjoy spending now”, so I would look at perhaps changing the order of the items in this sentence.

Media

Keep in touch

Friends

Profile Photo
KerstinPeters
@kpetersdomingoinformatics-ca
Profile Photo
JoelElfman
@bodymindhypnoticgmail-com
Profile Photo
SusanMaldonado
@susanwalletwisecoaching-com