Profile Photo

JulianneMiller, AFC®Offline

• Profile picture of JulianneMiller, AFC®

JulianneMiller, AFC®

1 year, 11 months ago

Feedback please on my bio for my website. Doing some clean up.
    Julianne Miller is an Accredited Financial Counselor who is qualified to help you overcome the stress of living paycheck to paycheck and get you on the path to reach your next goals. She has worked with both sole proprietors and women individually to help them overcome their financial struggles. She understands the stress of running a household while working full-time. She understands about caring for aging parents. She understands that sometimes work gets in the way of life and vice versa. She understands that women may be embarrassed to ask questions about money for fear of looking stupid.

She understands that women are underpaid and actively works to change that narrative through the Business and Professional Women Pennsylvania Federation. Julianne has been quoted as a contributor for Sammy Rabbit, Medium, Retirement Guide and Insight magazine. She is also a wife, mother, sister, cousin (just ask me about my big family someday!) and small business owner who thrives on God and family.

Some of the words clients and friends alike say about Julianne include “calm, friendly, good at what she does, personable, professional, always a smile.” Working with Julianne helps ease client concerns and they often feel like a weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

More than anything, she wants smart women to understand that they’re not alone when they have questions about money and they can make small improvements everyday to feel confident in making financial decisions.

Profile Photo liked this
    7 Comments
    • I’d change it to first person. From “she” to “I”. First sentence – I am an Accredited Financial Counselor who helps women overcome … Make it stronger. Be bolder. What makes you different? Is there some reason you became a financial counselor?

• Very helpful, thank you. I have been trying to lead with Daring lately but didn’t apply that here. I’ll rethink this some. I appreciate the feedback!

• Daring is a good word. Keep it front and center.

• You just prompted me to update my bio on my website. I’m taking all the reins off. Sharing it in case it inspires you.

I have a box of letters. Old hand-written tear-stained letters written to a dear friend decades ago.

Those letters take me back to a time when I was barely getting by. I wrote about:

– Scoring 20 cent packages of ramen noodles and 3 for $1 burritos
          – Driving the old Honda hatchback at its top speed – 45 mph – on busy Atlanta freeways
          – Pulling evening shifts at a department store for $6 an hour
          – Living in a cockroach infested basement of a friend’s vacant house
          – Struggling to get up each morning to face another day.
          The thing is, this wasn’t supposed to happen to ME! But when I was 30, my life imploded. I finished my doctoral degree, got downsized out of a job, and couldn’t find suitable work for 3-1/2 years. I lived in 5 different states, trying to catch a break.

When I got back on my feet, I vowed to never be poor again. So I pretended my single paycheck was two paychecks – one to save and one to spend. I learned how to grow my money by investing. I paid off my debt, built an amazing career, and grew my wealth.

And then, it all ended. AGAIN! But this time, it was different. I had money. I had time. I had choices.

The truth is, those years of poverty shaped my life. I can close my eyes and FEEL the sadness and desperation. And I know I’m not alone.

So I pivoted to a new career. I became a financial coach and launched an affordable community-based online program – Gutsy Women Finances. I know what it’s like to struggle. And I know the way out. I teach, guide, support, and motivate women so that they:

Claim their own powers over their money, and their future.
          Stop worrying about being a bag lady when their hair turns grey
          Dare to dream even the most wildest of dreams
          Never have to be dependent on anyone else for their money, or their happiness.
          Feel safe sharing their stories, their dreams, and their concerns among friends.
          Those tear-stained letters are reminders of where I’ve been. They are reminders of my resilience and determination to make a better life for myself. To help YOU make a better life for yourself.

Where can you find me these days? I’m climbing mountains, navigating canyons, and walking barefoot on the beaches. I’m living my dream life – roaming the country in my RV, accompanied by three cuddly cats. I can’t wait for the next adventure. And who knows? Maybe I’ll see you on the road!

P.S. You can read more about my story of adversity in this interview.

• Wow, that’s much more involved than mine. I revamped AND sent it off but it’s still not so involved. I really need to rethink some more. Thank you for your help. Detail, that seems to be the key.

• I’ve had more generic versions, and I’m just laying it all out there now. Whether it’s the best way to go remains to be seen. Do what feels right to you.

About Me

Julianne Miller

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
RuthRoland
@ruthviolincox-net
Profile Photo
Brenda Uekert
@docbkugmail-com