• Profile picture of DanielaBorgialli

DanielaBorgialli

1 year, 4 months ago

Would love your brilliance with some assistance with Core Values statements – these for the International Argentine Tango academy. Are they repetitive? Are they in the right direction?? Thoughts and feedback please!

Education
    Community
    Empowerment
    Cultural expansion

We believe that a successful tango academy supports a community and its growth through classes, workshops and cultural experiences.

We believe that all bodies can learn argentine tango through classes, workshops, retreats and cultural immersions as opportunities for practice, growth, improvement and self-expression .

We believe in creating dancers not just students.

We believe in the quantitative healing abilities of Argentine tango to improve quality of life, enhance physical and cognitive abilities.

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    8 Comments
    • This is great as is and you can run with it. If you want to take it a level deeper – what else can you say besides “classes, workshops, retreats”. What are 3 steps (that are an experience and can tap into emotion and the results ) that people will go through instead of “classes, workshops, retreats” for your second line about bodies can learn.

• @amymshannonhernandez-com thank you – are there examples of what you mean “3 steps”? Are you saying that I state that we believe in these 3 steps? or words like transformation, growth, discovery, connection?
        Because ultimately they want to learn to dance… right? will people wonder if they will??? lol!!!!

• or something like this do you mean: We believe that a successful tango academy supports a community and its journey of discovery, growth, expansion, and connection.

• This is terrific.

I would move “We believe in creating dancers not just students.” Maybe as the 2nd statement. It is simple, beautiful & clear.

The learning statement I think can be written in slightly 2 different versions.
      1. – We believe that all bodies can learn argentine tango. Classes, workshops, retreats, and cultural immersions all serve as wonderful opportunities for practice, growth, improvement, and self-expression.
      2. – We believe that all bodies can learn argentine tango through classes, workshops, retreats, and cultural immersions. These all serve as wonderful opportunities for practice, growth, improvement, and self-expression.

The last line about healing seems too wordy. Maybe “We believe Argentine tango improves the quality of life, and enhances physical and cognitive abilities.”
      Or “We believe Argentine tango improves the quality of life, enhances physical and cognitive abilities, and has the ability to heal the soul.”

• These are great Suggestions @joel. I like the 1st one best and I wonder about using the word “wonderful” – it feels a little empty…. does it?

• Maybe, I wanted some descriptor to give it a little more flavor. You could use “joyful”, some other word, or leave it as is.

• I would change the second one: We believe that all bodies can learn argentine tango for practice, growth, improvement and self-expression.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
AimeeRussell
@aimzdeehotmail-com
Profile Photo
JoelElfman
@bodymindhypnoticgmail-com
Profile Photo