• Profile picture of Jackie Barker

Jackie Barker

1 year, 2 months ago

Hey All! I’m excited to be a part of the club. I am taking my first shot at my Purpose, Vision, and Mission and would love any suggestions/feedback you may have.

Purpose Statement: Spreading love, beauty, and kindness is pure magic and heals the world.

Vision Statement: We believe good design is magical, unique to your business, and speaks to the soul of your ideal client so you can heal the world.

Mission: Within the next three years, grow Barefoot Design Collective to a $250,000 US design company specializing in graphic design and WordPress web design VIP Days for the practitioners of Woo intent on helping others heal their minds, bodies, and spirits.

So I have two things I’d specifically like feedback on (besides your overall thoughts).
    1 – I’m not sure about the purpose as it doesn’t feel like it connects with the business… but it kind of does… ?
    2 – During our Narrow the Niche session last week, I was saying ‘Woo” and then listing out the types of practitioners (Reiki, Energy Healers, and a few other examples) – any suggestions for a term or terms I can use in place of ‘Woo’ I want to make sure I’m being respectful and also using a term that people will understand.

Thanks!

Profile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    6 Comments
    • 1. To me, the purpose leads directly into the vision. Love it! 2. I’m not in the demographic, so take these with a grain of salt: New Age, traditional, Eastern-influenced, mystical, transcendent. There are definitely others in the program who identify as this demographic. Check with them for what they prefer to be called, and whether any of these are offensive or inaccurate. I’m new too, so I’m not sure who they are!

• I don’t think the purpose connects with the business. When I read the purpose, I thought you did something along the lines of crystals, mystical, energy healing type stuff. I never would have thought of graphic design.

I don’t know if there is a word that captures beauty, love and kindness, but maybe something like Love + Healers (Healing Practitioners) + Graphic design = pure magic that heals the world.

I don’t think Woo would be the best word to use. I’m a dietitian, functional nutritionist, and Theta Healer. I would not identify as woo, but I don’t know if I am the type of client you are thinking of.

• I love this Annette “Love + Healers (Healing Practitioners) + Graphic design = pure magic that heals the world”

Good point about what you do not being ‘woo’… and I do think you would be part of my target market… So I’ll continue to ponder. Maybe saying ‘healers and…’ Thank you!

• Does adding “through web design” help solve the Purpose conundrum, “Spreading love, beauty, and kindness through web design is pure magic and heals the world.” Woo words – alternative health, New Age… you can probably look for synomyms or look at some of the classifications among book sellers/reviewers like Amazon, GoodReads, etc.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
DanielaBorgialli
@socialdanielaborgialli-com
Profile Photo
Claire Peltier
@catpeltiergmail-com
Profile Photo
JoelElfman
@bodymindhypnoticgmail-com
Profile Photo