• Profile picture of SaraFins

SaraFins

8 months, 1 week ago

Hey everyone! I took a stab at writing an email with the behind the scenes content and I’d love some feedback. I am not sure exactly how to tie in the CTA. I feel like it kind of sneaks up on you and needs a better transition. The topic is Travel and the hook is a question. Thanks!

Here is the email:

Title: How can getting your finances organized free you from FOMO?

I’m not sure if you know this about me, but I love to travel. I do it any chance that I get. From a weekend spa getaway to a trip to a new city – I’m in!

I remember when I was young, hearing about trips that friends were taking with their families would give me such FOMO – fear of missing out, for those of you who are beyond the teen years, like me 😉

After college, I was fortunate to be able to take a trip to Europe, gifted to me by my grandmother for my graduation, and that was when the travel bug really bit me.

That fall, when I was fresh out of college and working in my first job – as an auditor for a big accounting firm, I was put on a client that had me traveling quite a bit within the U.S. I loved getting to see so many new cities and sights.

I craved more trips to see the world, but I was so stressed out about my finances that I didn’t think I could afford a trip that I had to pay for myself. At that time, I hadn’t made managing my finances a priority and I never really knew how much money I had at any given time. Want to hear more about that? Check out my chapter in the Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Soul Aligned Business (link to book).

Fast forward to today. If I want to plan a trip, or the opportunity arises to go somewhere, I have the information I need at my fingertips to know if I can afford it.

And because my business (and personal) finances and kept up to date and organized, I can decide if the time away from my business is going to work.

Here is an example: My husband needed to travel to Dubai for work last February and the trip happened to fall when my kids were on break from school, so we wanted to go as a family. Because I have current financial information, we were able to figure out how to make it work – without planning months and months in advance. It was a fantastic trip!

PHOTO OF FAMILY IN DUBAI

What are the things that you love to do? Do you have your finances organized so that you can do them? Need support? Join me for my upcoming workshop, Know Your Money Grow Your Business: Setting Your Business Up For Financial Success on xx date and learn how to organize your finances with ease.

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    3 Comments
    • Well done! Neither of your CTAs bothered me. I would have preferred the first one (Want to hear more about that?…) in parentheses, but it works as is. I bet others will have tips about how to smooth those transitions, but to me they worked well.

• Thanks for sharing your love of travel, Sara. I love to travel too! May I make two suggestions?
      Get specific and sensory. It’s the little details that spark engagement and presence you. Today I’m thinking back to a trip to Venice we made on our honeymoon. I remember the heat and the orange glow of the molten glass in the glass-blowing workshop on the island of Murano. The smell of the raw oak in the workshop of the guy who hand-carves the oars the gondoliers use. How giddy I felt when every single corner – so many bridges and odd angles! – was a photograph waiting to be captured.
      Leave aside tying your love of travel to money management. Honestly the piece kind of feels like a commercial. I want to feel your joy! of new places Perhaps your very line is “Want help setting up that vacation fund? DM me!”
      Hope this is helpful! I really do want to hear more of your travels!

• I see how you feel you have dumped all the engagement at the end. What if you sprinkle it throughout and bold it so people see it.
      Title: How can getting your finances organized free you from FOMO?

I’m not sure if you know this about me, but I love to travel. I do it any chance that I get. From a weekend spa getaway to a trip to a new city – I’m in!

I remember when I was young, hearing about trips that friends were taking with their families would give me such FOMO – fear of missing out, for those of you who are beyond the teen years, like me 😉

After college, I was fortunate to be able to take a trip to Europe, gifted to me by my grandmother for my graduation, and that was when the travel bug really bit me.

That fall, when I was fresh out of college and working in my first job – as an auditor for a big accounting firm, I was put on a client that had me traveling quite a bit within the U.S. I loved getting to see so many new cities and sights.

I craved more trips to see the world, but I was so stressed out about my finances that I didn’t think I could afford a trip that I had to pay for myself. At that time, I hadn’t made managing my finances a priority and I never really knew how much money I had at any given time. Want to hear more about that? Check out my chapter in the Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Soul Aligned Business (link to book).

Fast forward to today. If I want to plan a trip, or the opportunity arises to go somewhere, I have the information I need at my fingertips to know if I can afford it.

And because my business (and personal) finances and kept up to date and organized, I can decide if the time away from my business is going to work.

Where would you travel if you didn’t have to worry about finances? If an opportunity dropped in your lap today, where would you want to go?

Here is an example: My husband needed to travel to Dubai for work last February and the trip happened to fall when my kids were on break from school, so we wanted to go as a family. Because I have current financial information, we were able to figure out how to make it work – without planning months and months in advance. It was a fantastic trip!

Ready to take the step to being organized in your finances so you can say YES to a pop-up opportunity like I had with the Dubai trip? Join me for my upcoming workshop, Know Your Money Grow Your Business: Setting Your Business Up For Financial Success on xx date and learn how to organize your finances with ease.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Stephanie Steyer
@stephaniestephaniesteyer-com
Profile Photo
SafriannaLughna
@therapysafrianna-com
Profile Photo
DianaLidstone
@diana-lidstonegmail-com
Profile Photo