• Profile picture of RuthRoland

RuthRoland

7 months, 3 weeks ago

They never expected THIS to hatch out of their egg!

“If an egg is in your nest, you sit on it and keep it warm. It doesn’t matter whose egg it is.” That’s one of the many lines that brought tears to my eyes.

Jeff brought home a copy of P.D. Eastman’s Flap Your Wings from a garage sale when Cole was little. I was excited because I knew of Are You My Mother, Go Dog Go!, and Sam and the Firefly. But I had never seen this book. It’s a beautiful story, and almost always my first choice for reading at day camps and after-school programs.

Integrity, loyalty, and non-judgment are qualities I admire in Father Bird and strive for in my own life. Also recovering from or responding well to surprises.

And wholeheartedly admiring folks who are different from yourself, different from anything you’re used to.

The ending—without spoiling it for you—makes my hear swell!

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo +1 liked this
    2 Comments
    • @ruthviolincox-net – when I saw this come up on my feed I smiled. Once again, same feedback as before – this is GREAT story telling and insight and example. How does it relate to music or instruments. I think bridging the gap will make it even stronger.

• Amy worked on this quite a bit with me yesterday. Looking forward to finishing the edits and maybe making it into 2 or 3 posts. Thank you!

About Me

Ruth Roland

Director, Baton Rouge Conservatory

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
KerstinPeters
@kpetersdomingoinformatics-ca
Profile Photo
JulianneMiller, AFC®
@juliannelifemoneymanagement-com
Profile Photo