• Profile picture of DanielaBorgialli

DanielaBorgialli

1 year, 5 months ago

Again was hoping to have Outcome / Results messaging for my women’s group BUT I decided to practice with Tango and wrote this. Any feedback ? and not sure where I will use it yet…(and is it “bad” etiquette to “accuse” other teachers?? is there a more polite way to say what i’m saying? )

Here is the key reason you’re still not getting the dances you want – it’s not your focus, it’s not your inability to learn something new…. it’s because you’re taking classes from teachers who don’t care about your social dance-ability.
    For example, my student Patrick came to me after 2 years of study, frustrated that he couldn’t navigate a social dance floor. He knew he had learned bad habits hindering him from dancing with the better dancers at the milonga. We spent 4 weeks with my step by step methodology to clarify what he needed, to give him the tools and confidence for the social dance floor.
    If you’d like help solving this problem (which is costing you time, money, energy, and your dance reputation) DM me so we can chat about a plan that will capture the dances you want at the next big tango event.

Profile Photo liked this
    6 Comments
    • You are not saying ANY about those other dance instructors. You kept it focused on the emotion and how the client was feeling

• You may be talking to a specific audience so these questions might not be relevant.
      What does social dance-ability/navigating a social dance floor mean?
      What would be an example of a bad habit? I’m just asking for clarity.
      By dance reputation do you mean social dance reputation?

• thanks @joel for your questions.
        so many teachers teach ‘tango’ as choreographed patterns and steps which is not useful for the social dance floor – so they /students don’t actually learn to dance – to lead or to follow.
        a bad habit in tango? there are so many – there are bad lead habits bad follow habits and then bad social dance floor etiquette habits. 1 might be – not bringing your feet together.
        dance reputation – yes – social dance reputation…. no one wants to dance or dance near the couple that is crashing into other couples…

🙂

• Thanks @Daniela. Great answers, they make things a lot clearer for me. Here is another version based on your responses. I hope this helps.:

Here is the key reason you’re still not getting the dances you want at social events – it’s not your focus, and it’s not your inability to learn something new…. it’s because your attention has been on making sure your choreography is perfect instead of how best to work w/ your partner leading or following and other elements of social dance etiquette.

For example, my student Patrick came to me after 2 years of study, frustrated that he couldn’t navigate a social dance floor. He knew he had learned bad lead habits, hindering him from dancing with the better dancers at the milonga, after all, no one wants to dance near or be the couple that is crashing into other couples. We spent 4 weeks with my step-by-step methodology to clarify what he needed, and to give him the tools and confidence for the social dance floor.
If you’d like help solving this problem (which is costing you time, money, energy, and your dance reputation) DM me so we can chat about a plan that will capture the dances you want at the next big tango event.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Jackie Barker
@jackiebarefootdc-com
Profile Photo
AimeeRussell
@aimzdeehotmail-com
Profile Photo
JoelElfman
@bodymindhypnoticgmail-com
Profile Photo