• Profile picture of RuthRoland

RuthRoland

1 year, 4 months ago

BRConservatory core values
    We believe in…
    EASE: Music learning can be approachable, pain-free, and joyful.
    EXPRESSION: You have something to say and music is a beautiful and fun way to say it.
    MASTERY: The technical aspect of music is learnable. The spirit is already in you–we’ll [give you the tools to translate it through your voice/instrument into what you hear in your head]. <== needs polishing!
    CONNECTION: We create customizable learning plans for each student using kindness, honesty, and innovation.
    STEWARDSHIP: Everyone deserves music. We provide scholarships and perform at places like senior centers, veteran's homes, and children's hospitals.

Feedback welcome!

Profile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    9 Comments
    • I love the Core Value statements for EASE & EXPRESSION.
      The MASTERY statement feels off. Why aren’t all skills something that people deserve to excel at?
      I think there is a better way to say this or something else that wants to be expressed.
      Not sure this isn’t repetitive or long (there might be better words to use). MASTERY: Music is a creative skill that everyone can master. While you have to put in the work, we make it fun, interesting, joyous… We encourage students through community, play, loving support…

• These are great! I feel that in Stewardship – you don’t need to state “when possible”.

• I am confused on what the “Not Methods” means in: We teach students (not methods) with kindness, honesty, and creativity.

• Ah, right! I mean we don’t teach a specific methodology or system (like the Suzuki method) at the expense of the student. I’ll work on that language.

• Is this better? CONNECTION: We create customizable learning plans (?) for each student using kindness, honesty, and innovation.

• OR– CONNECTION: We encourage [or a firmer word like guide or lead] individuals to achieve their goals using kindness, honesty, and creativity. [Do I add details about parents being able to observe their children’s lessons, all our teachers having gone through background checks, etc.?]

About Me

Ruth Roland

Director, Baton Rouge Conservatory

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
KerstinPeters
@kpetersdomingoinformatics-ca
Profile Photo
JulianneMiller, AFC®
@juliannelifemoneymanagement-com
Profile Photo