• Profile picture of Brenda Uekert

Brenda Uekert

8 months, 3 weeks ago

I am terrified of rattlesnakes! So there I was, hiking in the bone-dry Texas canyon, keeping my eyes glued to the ground. All of a sudden, something caught my attention behind the bush up ahead. My heart stopped as I spotted an enormous bison blocking my path. A pissed-off bison, mind you… and it came charging at me! I quickly darted behind spiky shrubs and prickly cactus plants, forgetting all about the rattlesnakes.

But here I am, still standing. And you know what? I actually use that wild experience to talk about burnout.

TOPIC: How a charging bison gave me a crash course on burnout.

Ready to talk about burnout? ASK ME ANYTHING!

Profile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    6 Comments
    • My main question after this prompt, even being familiar with your story, is “What does a bison have to do with burnout?” Is that what you’re looking for, or did you want to provoke a more substantive burnout-related discussion?

• I like this question as it is written: How a charging bison gave me a crash course on burnout.

I see where Ruth is coming from that is might be more thought provoking. I think you should experiment with this one and see what happens.

• You have probably experimented by now… but what it tells me is that if a charging bison can teach you about burnout, I know I can ask you absolutely anything !

• It is an amazing concept.
      I would possibly open slightly differently.
      “There I was hiking in the bone-dry Texas canyon, keeping my eyes glued to the ground for rattlesnakes. Frankly, I am terrified of rattlesnakes! All of sudden….”
      While I love the line “what a bison taught me about burnout”, I get that a charging bison can teach you about stress, I’m struggling how you get from stress to burnout. Maybe you need one more line that makes the flow easier to follow.

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Annette Presley
@annettepresleyhotmail-com
Profile Photo
JulianneMiller, AFC®
@juliannelifemoneymanagement-com
Profile Photo
AmyHager
@amymshannonhernandez-com