• Profile picture of Dan Lewis

Dan Lewis

5 months ago

Nitty Gritty Details post. This is a first draft. Does it flow?

Here’s a major reason why your personal brand photos aren’t bringing in new clients.

You’re not defining your unique brand-essence (simply, your singular way of showing up in service of your clients) to guide your photo shoot.

A “show up and shoot” approach to brand photography is inadequate to produce photos that connect with clients.

Let me explain.

Are your a coach, consultant, entrepreneur, or other transformational leader? When you started your business, you probably did what most small business owners do: you wrote up copy for a website focusing on what you do and who you serve. And you invested in a photographer to get a “professional” headshot to be used on your website and social media.

This is great!

And there are thousands of other coaches/consultants doing the same.

What gets lost is YOU in all your uniqueness. The singular way you show up in service of your clients . That spark of humor. That deep empathy. That provocative way of stating the elusive obvious. The illumination that seems to just happen whenever you’re part of the conversation. However your unique spark shows up.

THAT is what sets you apart from every other transformational expert out there.

Do you have the transformational goods? Then mere professionalism is a BS low bar unworthy of a genuine life/business/world changer. It’s bland, vanilla, and puts you in a box.

Do you want to get noticed and attract the right-fit clients you were meant to serve? Your brand photos need to be a vivid expression of what’s distinguishes you — your essence, your vibe — and how your unique way of being and serving supports the results your clients desire.

Personal brand photographs that bring in clients create an emotional connection, build anticipation, and inspire action.

Roxanne, an experienced life, business, and career coach recently came to me wanting to refocus the branding of her coaching practice more explicitly on executive coaching.

We followed my three-step process to:

1. Draw out and name Roxanne’s unique way of showing up as a coach (Connected Empathy, Trust, Open Curiosity, Kindness, and Groundedness).

2. Plan the location, wardrobe, and setups for the photo shoot that would support expressing these specific qualities

3. Approach the photo shoot in a spirit of playfulness and fun, creating a variety of images exploring these qualities

In a word, the qualities of Roxanne’s brand-essence guided everything .

I posted Roxanne’s full client story on Linked In shortly after, and yesterday happened to connect with a mutual acquaintance who wrote me, “Also I absolutely loved what you did for Roxanne. It actually pushed me to reach out and inquire about her services so kudos to you.”

(Roxanne’s story: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/danielleelewis_badassity-activity-7137902997329612800-OTOV?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop)

A personal brand image that expresses your vibe attracts right-fit clients.

Own your Badassity!

Are you a coach, consultant or transformational leader committed to being boldly visible in service of sharing your gifts with your right-fit clients?
    Schedule a consultation today!
    https://calendly.com/badassity/consultation

#badassity
    #personalbrandphotography

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    8 Comments

About Me

Dan Lewis

Photographer/ Personal Brand Consultant

Media