• Profile picture of Dan Lewis

Dan Lewis

1 month, 1 week ago

What do I do differently from everyone else.

Subject line: Visual Charisma: Are your personal brand photos Vogue-ready?

Are your personal brand photos Vogue-ready?

Whaaaat??? What are you talking about??? I’m not a model or a celebrity!

Let me back up.

I do a lot of thinking about personal brand photography for truly transformational coaches and leaders.
    What do these images need to accomplish to promote your business?
    How can your uniqueness be made visual and even iconic to attract clients?
    How do such images express both your authority and your approachability in a genuinely authentic way?

So this morning I was reading an article on what makes Vogue covers so special, and I ran across an expression:

VISUAL CHARISMA

Boom! That’s exactly what I’m after when I photograph my clients. (And what every transformational leader deserves.) Visual charisma is the name of my game.

For me charisma is not some special, supernatural endowment possessed only by the cool kids or specially heroic individuals. It’s simply the essence of you — fully aligned and congruent — inspired, empowered, and creatively expressed. THAT’S what I want to express when creating personal brand images for my clients.

That’s what these iconic magazine covers express about their subjects.

And that’s why I created a unique process of drawing out and expressing the unique essence of my clients in memorable, eye-catching images in three steps: naming, framing, and playing.

Naming – What’s the unique quality of being you embody? How do you show up in your power and joy? We’ll identify and name that.

Framing – How do we translate that way of being into visual terms? We’ll use every aspect of the photograph, including wardrobe and location to express you iconically.

Playing – How do we quiet the judgmental voice, so you show up fully present and inspired? I think of a photo session as a play date with a mischievous co-conspirator!

At the end of the final photo session, or a curation session, I’ll often ask myself, “What would this image look like on the cover of Vogue or GQ?” Does it have an iconic vividness and boldness? Does it have that “it” quality?

What I’m really asking is, have we expressed your visual charisma?

Here’s what my client, executive coach Alexandra Herrera, has to say about the process:

I’m thrilled to endorse Dan Lewis for his extraordinary talent in capturing my essence in powerful and bold images. His work, transforming an image into a brand, is inspiring. He asks excellent questions and is a great listener (a trained Coach himself!). I had a blast working with him and loved the final product. Dan Lewis is the mastermind behind the lens you’ve been searching for, so reach out to him confidently.

Are you a coach, consultant , entrepreneur, or transformational leader committed to elevating the visual charisma of your personal brand photography?

Schedule a possibility consultation today!

Profile PhotoProfile PhotoProfile Photo liked this
    6 Comments

About Me

Dan Lewis

Photographer/ Personal Brand Consultant

Media